Monday 20 September 2010

House M.D.

Waiting for House M. D. season 7 to start today. When I read about it on facebook form a friend, was not much impressed by the storyline. A medicine drama sounded kind of weird. However, when I saw the pilot, it was amazing. Loved the character of Dr. House, played by Hugh Laurie. 

The story revolves around a hospital, with Dr. House (inspired by Sherlock Holmes), head of Diagnostic Medicine as the central character. He is genius. Also, he is rude, self-centred and seems to hate everybody. He and his team tries to diagnose the difficult cases. In a way, series was intended to have germs as the villain. 

The dialogues are very good. Some of the House-ism are really wonderful. 

Some examples are:
Ideas are not soda cans. Recycling sucks.

1. No, if you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

2. Heart disease is kind of below my pay grade

3. Did you not go to college? You go to a bar, you bring your ugly friends.

4. Taub: "Assuming you're right."
  • House: "Yes, I find it confusing to assume otherwise."

  • 5. Cameron: "What are you looking for?"
    • House: "Same as you. Love, acceptance, a solid return on investment."

    • 6. Chase - "We've got an MRI scheduled in twenty minutes. Earliest Foreman could get the machine."
      • House - "I teach you to lie and cheat and steal and the second my back is turned you wait in line!
      • 7. Hey, I can be a jerk to people I haven't slept with. I am that good
      • 8. You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking
      • 9. Don't blame me, blame my gender
      More could be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment