Sunday 14 November 2010

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Based on a book, red aleart, the movie is one of the best that I have watched. Have hearad a lot about Stanley Kubrick, but this is the first time that I have watched one of this movie. To be frank, when I read about the movie, was not much impressed due to it's 'strange' title: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

This is one of the 'dark comedies' which I watched during the dark one and half month. The entire film is full of sarcasm, but one of the dialogue, which stood out for me most was when USpresident says, 'gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war room'. The direction is awesome. But most desirably, the script treatment is one of the best. One of the most memorable scence for me was when the pilot, Mr. Kong, dropping hydrogen bomb on Russia is unable to open the back of plane for dropping the bomb due to system failure. He manually does it. And while the bomb is dropped, he is sticking on to it, as it is being dropped, his face joyus with euphoria. He is happy that he is sacrificing his life for the country. Only if he knew the full context, he would not have been happy. Made me think, only if fools were not ignorant of their foolishness, many disasters would have been avoided. But again, if fools were not ignorant of their foolishness, may be they would not have been fools (except atleast for Duryodhan, whose one quote I seem to have read somewhere, which meant, 'its not that I am not aware that I am not doing the right things, its just that it is not able to do the right thing' or something to that effect).

After watching movie, when I read that Peter Sellers played three roles in the movie, I was really surprised. 

One more quote from the movie:  Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment